Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Greenr and taking a step towards making positive changes to your carbon footprint! Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before accessing or using our services. While this is a legal agreement, we have tried to write it in a way that is clear, transparent and easy to follow. For your convenience, we have presented each of the terms in a short summary followed by the full legal term. If there is anything you are not sure about, please feel free to get in touch with us. You can find our contact details at email@example.com
A. Table of Contents
|1.||Definitions||Basic definitions which will enable you to understand these Terms and Conditions.|
|2.||Who We Are and How to Contact Us||Greenr Technologies Limited is a private company registered in England. If you want to get in touch with us for any reason, feel free to contact us, details of which can be found at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Applicable Terms and Consent||By using the Website, you accept and agree that you will comply with all terms and conditions.|
|4.||Your Account||In order to use the Greenr App, you may need to set up an account and it is your responsibility to make sure the information provided during the registration process is accurate and your log-in details are kept confidential.|
|5.||Service Updates||We will be rolling out updates from time to time and this may cause a temporary suspension to certain Services or the termination of certain Services altogether.|
|6.||Suspension and Termination||At Greenr we endeavour to create a community with the goal of making the world a better place. If you are in breach of the Agreement or are using the Services for any unlawful purposes, we reserve the right to terminate your account.|
|7.||Carbon Footprint Calculator||This section provides information on how the carbon footprint calculator works.|
|8.||Greenr Points||This section details how you can earn Greenr Points.|
|9.||Rewards||This section provides information regarding the redeemability of Greenr Points into real life awards.|
|10.||Greenr Community||We strive to establish a safe, friendly and supportive environment where users can share and learn from each other. We require you to be respectful and responsible in what you post.|
|11.||Carbon Offsets||Through our Services, you may purchase Carbon Offsets. However, please review this section to understand the nature of these Carbon Offsets.|
|12.||Content||You own the User Content that you create, and we own the Greenr Content that we create. However, you're giving us permission to use the User Content in connection with our Services and make the User Content available to others.|
|14.||Third Party Links||There may be links to third party websites or applications on our Website or Greenr App and we have no control over the contents of such websites or applications.|
|15.||Complaints||We hope that you are happy with the Services. In the event that you have any complaints, please let us know so that we may try and resolve them for you.|
|16.||Notices||We can communicate with you through email, registered courier or hand delivery of documents.|
|17.||Lawful Purpose||You acknowledge and agree that you shall only use the Services for lawful purposes.|
|18.||Miscellaneous||Please review this section for legal details and choice of law.|
B. Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: March 10, 2021
“Calculator” means the carbon footprint calculator owned and managed by Greenr and hosted on the Greenr App.
- “Carbon Offset Projects” projects selected by us which are committed to reducing carbon emissions in various countries.
- “Carbon Offset” means the reduction in emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases pursuant to the Carbon Offset Projects in order to compensate for emissions made elsewhere.
- “Community Areas” has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 10 of these Terms and Conditions.
“Community Guidelines Policy” means the policy detailing the community guidelines for the use of the Services, a copy of which can be found here.
- “Content” means any form of information, data or creative expression including, but not limited to, video, audio, photographs, images, illustrations, animations, tools, text, ideas, communications, replies, ‘likes,’ comments, software, graphics, maps, routes, geo-data, nutrition information, recipes, interactive features, designs, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, branding, logos, and other similar assets, patents, sounds, applications and any intellectual property therein, any of which may be generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services.
- “Greenr”, “We”, and “Us” means Greenr Technologies Ltd.
- “Greenr App” means the mobile application developed by Greenr for Users to track their carbon footprint, gain Greenr Points, and purchase Carbon Offsets.
- “Greenr Carbon Offset Certificate” means the certificate issued by us to you upon your purchase of Carbon Offsets through our Service.
- “Greenr Community” means the community of users using our Services.
- “Greenr Content” means all Content save and except for User Content.
- “Greenr Indemnified Parties” means Greenr and its affiliates, and their respective shareholders, directors, agents, officers, personnel, employees, successors and assigns.
- “Greenr Partners” has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Greenr Points” means points awarded to you by us upon completing various activities and inputting certain data on the Greenr App.
- “Rewards” has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 9 of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Service” means the Website and the Greenr App, and all other current and future digital products and services available through the Website and the Greenr App, including any products, services, and content provided in collaboration with our partners.
- “Stripe” means Stripe Payments UK having its registered office at 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN, our payment partner.
- “User”, “You”, and “Your” refers to the individual person that has visited or is using the Website, Greenr App or Services.
- “User Content” means any Content that a user submits, transfers, or otherwise provides to or through the use of the Services.
- “Website” means our website located at greenr.com and all Content, services, and products provided by Greenr at or through the Website. Further, the term, “Website” also refers to all Greenr-owned subdomains of greenr.com.
- Who We Are and How to Contact Us
- The Website and the Greenr App are owned and operated by Greenr, a private company registered in England with number 12513017 and whose registered office is at 41 & 43 Maddox Street, Mayfair, London W1S 2PD.
- If you have any questions regarding the Service or the Agreement, please feel free to contact us email@example.com
- Applicable Terms and Consent
- By accessing or using the Services, you confirm that you accept and agree that you will comply with these Terms and Conditions, and all other terms set out in the Agreement. If you do not agree to any of these Terms and Conditions or any other terms set out in the Agreement, you must not use any of the Services.
For more information regarding our various policies, please refer to here.
- Further, we reserve the right to change, in our sole discretion, the Terms and Conditions and other terms in the Agreement at any time by publishing the varied terms on the Website, with or without notice.
- You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. As such, we recommend that you check the Website regularly to ensure you are aware of our current terms. We do not undertake to keep our Website up-to-date and we are not liable if any content is inaccurate or out-of-date. Your continued use of the Services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere in the Agreement relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- Your Account
- Greenr welcomes users of all ages, but to use the Greenr App, you must be at least (i) 18 years old, or (ii) the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside. No individual under these age limits may use the Services, provide any Personal Data to us, or otherwise submit Personal Data through the Services.
- You may need to create a Greenr account to access and use the Greenr App and in doing so, you must provide us with accurate and complete information as prompted by the registration process.
- Third Party Services use, store, and disclose your information solely in accordance with their own policies. We assume no responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or any other actions of any third-party website or service that may be enabled within the Services. Further, we assume no responsibility or liability for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Third Party Services.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all actions that take place while using your account, and must notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of any actual or suspected loss or unauthorized use of your account or account password. We are not responsible and we do not assume any liability for any loss that results from unauthorized use of your account.
- Service Updates
- We may update our Services to offer you a better user experience. Therefore, we may provide updates (including automatic updates) for certain Services from time to time. This may include upgrades, modifications, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections or new features. You may be required to download such updates from time to time to ensure that your account and the Services work properly. Further, you hereby expressly consent to automatic updates and agree that the Terms and Conditions and other terms of the Agreement will apply to all such updates to the Services.
- In our sole discretion, we may change, suspend, or discontinue any or all of the Services at any time, including the availability of any product, feature, database, or content. In addition, we have no obligation to provide any updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality of any Service. We may also impose limits on certain Services or restrict your access to part or all of the Services without notice or liability.
- Suspension and Termination
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Services to anyone and can monitor, terminate or suspend your account or access to the Services at any time.
- Further, we reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor accounts or activities conducted through or in any way related to the Services, as well as any User’s use of or access to Personal Data, and profiles of other users.
- We may, in our sole discretion, also deactivate, terminate or suspend your account or access to any and all Services at any time:
- if we determine you are or have been in violation of the Agreement or applicable law,
- in response to requests by law enforcement or other applicable authority, or
- upon discontinuation or material modification of any Services.
- Carbon Footprint Calculator
The Calculator has been produced on a reasonable best efforts basis. We have based our calculations on your responses to the questions asked on the Calculator. Further, we combine the best available data and informed assumptions to form the basis of our calculations to provide you an emissions estimate through the Calculator, but the accuracy of such calculations cannot be guaranteed. As such, the Calculator includes a certain degree of margin of error.
- We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, change, alter or update the Calculator as we may deem necessary, with or without intimating you.
- We make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy and completeness of the Calculator or the use thereof.
You represent and warrant to us that the information you provide on the Greenr App and the Calculator is, to the best of your knowledge, true, accurate and complete in all respects.
- Greenr Points
- Greenr Points may be awarded to you for your use of the Greenr App such as logging in your meals, travel, or other data points.
- Through the Greenr App, you can add other users to your network and compete against one another with respect to positive changes to your carbon footprint. We make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy and completeness of the leader boards or other rankings regarding such competition between users.
- In awarding you with Greenr Points, we rely on certain representations that you make. Further, as certain activities which would qualify you for Greenr Points are not verifiable, we also rely on your honesty and good faith. As such, you represent and warrant to us that all information provided by you on the Website or Greenr App including for the purposes of Greenr Points is, to the best of your knowledge, true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
- It is important to us that users stay safe and healthy while achieving their environmental sustainability goals. Please be responsible and use your best judgment and common sense in your quest for obtaining Greenr Points. You should consult with your healthcare providers and consider the associated risks before using our Services in connection with any dietary guidance. By using our Services, you agree, represent and warrant that you have received consent from your healthcare provider before making any dietary changes based upon information available through the Services. Participating in the dietary changes promoted by our Services is at your own risk. If you choose to participate in these dietary changes, you do so of your own free will and accord, knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks associated with such activities.
- From time to time, you may be eligible to redeem Greenr Points for rewards such as access to discounts and limited edition products (“Rewards”) from sustainable brands and partners (“Greenr Partners”). While we may recommend, promote, or market the products of Greenr Partners, we have no responsibility for your purchase or use of any such products. Further, we make no representation or guarantee on the availability of such Rewards, which shall be determined between us and the Greenr Partners.
- In redeeming your Greenr Points for Rewards and making purchases from Greenr Partners, you confirm that you are (i) 18 years old, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and from which you make such purchases.
- While we may help facilitate transaction for Rewards with the Greenr Partners, Greenr is neither the buyer nor the seller of such products. Accordingly, the contract formed at the completion of a sale for such third party products is solely between you and the Greenr Partner. Greenr is not a party to this contract, and we neither assume any responsibility arising out of or in connection with it nor are we either your or the Greenr Partner’s agent. The Greenr Partner is responsible for the sale of the products and for dealing with any of your claims or any other issue arising out of or in connection with the contract of sale between you and the Greenr Partner.
- In redeeming your Greenr Points for Rewards and purchasing products or services from Greenr Partners, you acknowledge and undertake that you are transacting at your own risk and are using your best and prudent judgment before entering into any such transactions. We shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of the Greenr Partners nor any breach of conditions, representations or warranties by the Greenr Partners or manufacturers of the products and hereby expressly disclaim and any all responsibility and liability in that regard. We shall not mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and the Greenr Partners or manufacturers of the products.
- We further expressly disclaim any warranties or representations (express or implied) in respect of quality, suitability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, performance, safety, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or legality of the products listed or displayed or transacted or the content (including product or pricing information and/or specifications) from Greenr Partners. At no time shall any right, title or interest in such products or services sold vest with Greenr nor shall Greenr have any obligations or liabilities in respect of any such transactions.
- Greenr Community
- Through the Services, you may have access to the Greenr Community where you will be able to learn more about how to lower your carbon score and share some of your own wisdom of your own.
- The Greenr Community and other Services may include discussion forums, blogs or other interactive areas or social features that allow you and other users to post User Content and interact with one another (“Community Areas”). You are solely responsible for your (i) use of the Community Areas and for any User Content you post, including the transmission, accuracy and completeness of such User Content, and (ii) interactions with other users. As the Community Areas are often public, you understand your User Content may be made and remain public. You should never post any Personal Data in a Community Area.
- We are entitled, but not obligated, to monitor the Community Areas. We assume no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from any interaction with other users who employ the Services, individuals you meet through the Services, or individuals who find you because of User Content posted on, by or through the Services. Greenr is under no obligation to become involved in and disclaims all liability related to any disputes between its users and you release Greenr from all responsibility and liability arising out of or in connection with such dispute.
- We strive to create a safe and supportive environment for all users in order to help users reach their goals with respect to their carbon footprint. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use the Services to post any inappropriate material, harass people, send spam, violate intellectual property rights, or otherwise act inappropriately.
You acknowledge and agree to and follow the Community Guidelines Policy when posting any User Content and using the Services. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that your User Content and use of the Services, including without limitation the Community Areas, shall not violate the Community Guidelines Policy. If you violate the Community Guidelines Policy, we reserve the right to terminate your account and your access to the Services. Please find our Community Guidelines Policy here.
- The Services may include information and materials uploaded by other users, including in the Community Areas. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that all users will always comply with the Community Guidelines Policy or the Agreement. If you believe any User Content submitted by other users to our Services violates the Agreement, Community Guidelines Policy, or is generally inappropriate, please report it to us at email@example.com We shall, in our sole discretion, review and take action we deem necessary.
- You understand and acknowledge that when you access or otherwise use the Services, you may be exposed to content from a variety of sources including from other users, and we are not responsible for the truth, accuracy, usefulness, safety, legality, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content.
- We assume no responsibility or liability for for any injury or harm to you resulting from any content posted by any users or from any users’ failure to comply with the Community Guidelines Policy or the Agreement.
- Carbon Offsets
- Through our Services, you may be able to purchase Carbon Offsets. In order to offer this Service to you, we follow the procedure set out below:
- We purchase large quantities of Carbon Offsets from the Gold Standard, Verra or UNCCC, all industry leaders in sustainable development committed to reducing carbon emissions;
- We “retire” each Carbon Offset in the registry (marking it as already used) in our name; and
- We offer these already purchased and “retired” Carbon Offsets to you in smaller quantities so you can meet your own personal goals.
- After you make a purchase of Carbon Offsets through our Services, we will issue you a Greenr Carbon Offset Certificate to confirm your purchase.
- Please note that when you buy Carbon Offsets from us you are purchasing “retired” carbon offsets which we had already purchased in large quantities. As such, our name will appear on the Accreditor’s registry against the specific Carbon Offset Project of which the Carbon Offsets relate. However, we confirm that the Carbon Offset indicated in the Greenr Carbon Offset Certificate issued to you forms part of the overall Carbon Offset Project for which it comprises as is listed in the Gold Standard (or Verra or UNCCC) registry in our name.
- Before purchasing Carbon Offsets you may be required to add a payment method to your Greenr account. Storage of payment details and processing of payments for Carbon Offset is managed through Stripe, a third party payment services provider. You must agree to the Stripe terms of service to make purchases.
- Purchasing Carbon Offsets are entirely voluntary. Carbon Offsets purchased through Greenr are not the same as carbon credits and cannot be used for resale and cannot be traded.
- Through our Services, you may be able to purchase Carbon Offsets. In order to offer this Service to you, we follow the procedure set out below:
- All Greenr Content and all copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, in and on the Services belong to Greenr or applicable third parties. Each user retains ownership, responsibility for, or other applicable rights in the User Content that such user creates, but grants a license of that User Content to Greenr. Except as expressly provided in the Terms and Conditions, nothing grants you a right or license to use any Greenr Content, including any content owned or controlled by any of our partners or other third parties. You agree not to duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from the material presented through the Services unless specifically authorized in writing by us.
- Subject to your compliance with the Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, personal, non-transferable, non-commercial and non-exclusive right and license to access and use the Services and Greenr Content for your own personal use provided that you do not, and do not permit any third party to, copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, transfer or otherwise exploit any right in the Greenr Content or Services.
- When you provide User Content to Greenr through the Services, you grant Greenr and other users a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, freely transferable, sublicensable, worldwide right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), commercialize, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit such User Content in connection with any and all Services. You acknowledge and agree that:
- we have the right to arrange the posting of User Content in any way we desire;
- we have the right to arrange the posting of User Content in any way we desire;
- you are not entitled to any compensation or other payment from us in connection with the use of your User Content.
- We reserve the right to monitor, remove, modify or adapt User Content for any reason and at any time, including User Content we believe violates the Agreement or the Community Guidelines Policy.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will respect the intellectual property rights of others. You represent and warrant you have all the necessary rights to grant Greenr the foregoing license for all User Content you submit in connection with the Services and will indemnify the Greenr Indemnified Parties for any breach of such representation and warranty.
- We make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of any Content available through the Services, and we make no commitment to update such Content.
- Personal Data
- Third Party Links
- If for whatever reason you are unhappy with the Service, you can make a complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Any notices and communications provided for in or pursuant to the Agreement or the Services shall be made in writing and in English.
- If you need to deliver us a notice, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com .
- If we need to serve a notice on you in connection with this Agreement, we will use either your email address that you have provided to us.
- A notice shall be deemed to have been given or made: (i) on the date of delivery in the case of courier, or (ii) when dispatched, provided that the sender has not received a delivery failure notification.
- If delivery or receipt occurs on a day other than a business day, it will be taken to have been duly given at the commencement of the next business day.
- Lawful Purpose
- You acknowledge and agree to use the Services only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Services by any third party or other users. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content
- No Representations or Warranties
- Greenr expressly disclaims all warranties, representations, and guarantees of any kind, whether oral or written, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement to the fullest extent permissible under law.
- The Services and all Content are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness, availability, or reliability of any of the Services or any Content.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not represent or warrant that (a) the Services will meet your requirements or provide specific results, (b) the operation of the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from other harmful elements or (c) errors will be corrected. Any oral or written advice provided by Greenr, its affiliates, or their respective shareholders, directors, agents, officers, personnel, employees, successors or assigns does not and will not create any warranty. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we also make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to Content.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from other users or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made in these Terms and Conditions. You therefore expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Services is at your sole risk and that the entire risk as to the satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy, and effort is with you.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances (including, without limitation, negligence) shall Greenr, its affiliates, or their respective shareholders, directors, agents, officers, personnel, employees, successors or assigns be liable to you or any third party for (a) any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, (b) loss of profits, revenue, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, (c) damages relating to your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services, (d) damages relating to any conduct or content of any third party or user of the Services, including without limitation, defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct or content, or (e) damages in any manner relating to any content or third-party products accessed through the Services. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, this limitation applies to all claims, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, whether or not Greenr has been informed of the possibility of such damage, and further where a remedy set forth in these Terms and Conditions is found to have failed its essential purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the total liability of Greenr, for any claim under the Agreement, including for any implied warranties, is limited to [GBP 500].
- In particular, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any claims arising out of (b) your use of the Services, (a) the use, disclosure, display, or maintenance of a user’s Personal Data, (c) any other interactions with us or any other users of the Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (d) other Content, information, services or goods received through or advertised on the Services or received through any links provided with the Services.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge and agree that we offer the Services in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability set forth in the Terms and Conditions, that these warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and form an essential basis of the bargain between you and us. We would not be able to provide the Services to you on an economically reasonable basis without these warranty disclaimers, releases, and limitations of liability.
- Governing Law and Arbitration
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you and Greenr agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. You and Greenr agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of disputes relating to your general use of the Services under the London Court of International Arbitration Rules, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
- The number of arbitrators shall be one, the seat of arbitration shall be London, and the language used in the proceedings shall be English.
- We may assign or delegate this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
- Entire Agreement
- This Agreement and any documents explicitly referred to in this Agreement, are the entire agreement between you and us.
- Severability, No Waiver, and Survival
- If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed to reflect the parties original intent. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of Greenr to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Section Headings and Summaries
- Throughout this Agreement, each section includes titles and brief summaries of the following terms and conditions. These section titles and brief summaries are not legally binding.
- No Representations or Warranties